How to Remove Shortcut Virus from your PC and Laptop
How can I remove shortcut virus from my PC, How can I remove shortcut virus from my USB, How can I remove shortcut virus from my pen drive, How can I remove virus from my USB flash drive, remove shortcut virus from your computer or Pendrive. Also, remove shortcut virus from external Hard Disk easily in just a few steps using, How to remove shortcut virus from the computer, flash drive, SD card … Next, copy the Shortcut Virus fix folder, paste it inside your flash drive or external drive. … stubborn shortcut virus from extremely infected PC, computer, laptop, Download USB Fix. Connect your USB drive / External HDD drive which contains the shortcut virus. Run UsbFix software. Click on Deletion. On clicking it, the process to remove the shortcut virus will start. It will then ask you to restart your PC, Using CMD Command Prompt is certainly the easiest way to remove shortcut virus from your Computer. And it is certainly the most effective Shortcut Virus remover which can remove shortcut viruses within a few seconds. Follow the steps given below to remove shortcut viruses using CMD. Remove Shortcut Virus from your PC
remove shortcut virus from my PC
What is Shortcut Virus?
Well, as the name itself indicates the shortcut virus converts all your files and folders into shortcuts. It keeps the original folder icon but converts it into a shortcut file format. The virus does not delete the files during the initial stages of the attack but can cause issues if no action is taken in time.
- Remove Shortcut Virus from your PC and Laptop
The shortcut virus can affect all sorts of storage media. It can enter into your Pen Drive, Hard Drive, Mobile Phone, or even Memory card.
Once it affects one of the files on your system, it spreads across multiple files and thus can damage your entire system. There is no precise definition available for the Shortcut Virus.
There is no information available on how it works, but it does not remove the affected files. The files remain on the drive but stay inaccessible. However, the virus in the advanced stages can corrupt your files. There is also a likelihood of the files getting deleted.
The shortcut virus can affect your device or storage media when you use your drives on an affected machine or use an affected drive on your machine.
How to Remove Shortcut Virus from your system?
There are a few different methods you can employ to remove shortcut viruses that might have affected your PC. Let us explain each of these methods in easy-to-understand steps.
Method 1 – Using WinRAR
WinRAR is a useful tool that helps you get rid of the Shortcut virus. It can be used to remove shortcut virus if it has affected your Pen Drive or any such external drive.
Follow the steps here below –
- Connect your Pen Drive to your PC or Laptop.
- Launch WinRAR on your computer. If you do not have WinRAR installed on your system, you can install it from the official website.
- On WinRAR, navigate to the affected drive. You should be able to view all your files on the affected drive.
- Create an archive of the files you would want to save. If you do not know how to do it, follow the steps below
- Choose the files you would want to create an archive of and right-click.
- Choose Add Files to Archive. Label it with a name you would want to.
- You have successfully created an archive.
- Now open My Computer and select your affected drive. You should find the newly created archive here.
- Cut and paste this file anywhere on your hard drive.
- Format the affected Pen Drive
- You have thus successfully disinfected the Pen Drive. WinRAR is an application that will never allow any malware files to execute. That is exactly why this tool lets you remove shortcut viruses from your external drive.
Method 2 – Using Command Prompt
This method is one of the best ways that can be used to remove shortcut viruses. The command prompt method can be used to remove shortcut viruses from hard drives, memory cards, pen drives or any other storage media
- Using Command Prompt
Follow these steps to remove the shortcut virus.
- Click on the Start menu
- In the search, menu type Run and click on the RUN option in the search results.
- Go to the root directory of the drive you would want to clear the shortcut virus from.
- Type attrib -h -r -s /s /d e:*.*. Please replace e: with the drive letter of your affected drive.
- Press Enter
Your files will now be visible. You can copy the files to a location somewhere on your hard drive and format the affected drive.
The command prompt method may give errors in some cases. These errors can be caused on drives using NTFS file format. The problem has rarely been observed on drives working on FAT or FAT32 format.
final words: flash drive/ SD card tutorial. … If your PC or Pendrive is affected by it then all of your files and, First Open Run by using Win + R Key, How to kill shortcut virus in my laptop [Solved/Closed], These are the ways to remove shortcut virus from your PC, Pendrive, Laptop or Computer. I think it’s easy now to remove shortcut virus without, Remove shortcut virus fix in windows PC/laptop,
how to remove shortcut virus from pc permanently how to remove shortcut virus in windows 7